Monday, November 5, 2012

Rainbow Nails + Dotted Toenails

Okay.   So I saw this picture on Pinterest and thought, "I think I can do that."  
So I tried!  

Here are colors and types of nail polishes I used.  
To recreate, you will need an array of nail polishes, a plastic plate and toothpicks.


I started with plain baby blue nail polish [4 coats] and then proceeded with one color at a time, in the order of the above photo.  
As you can see, I just did about 1/2 or 1/3 of the nail with the nail polish thick on the toothpick and then just laid it down in a pattern, one-beside-the-other, until I finished out the color wheel I chose.

 This is a photo of the nail where I have gone through each color and had to start back over with red.  Just keep repeating the pattern until you have filled the entire nail.

 Coat the finished nail with 2 layers of clear top coat and then you will have the finished product!






So after I did my nails, I felt my toenails needed to be done like this Pinterest photo too!

Like the blue above, I started with white nail polish [4 coats] covering each toenail.  

I started first with the turquoise/blue color, dotting with the end of a toothpick and thickening the dot if I didn't feel it was large enough.

This is a photo of what dot I have done with the three nail colors in this photo.
Just dot the polish close to one another, but not overlapping too much.


I have a few edges to clean off in the shower, but over all, it's a finished product!

[Nail colors used]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments are sent directly to Talia and feel free to leave your email address where she can return a reply to you.

Have a great day!