Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hey, it's hay season!



­­­­­­­­­­­­The day was beautiful.  There was a distinct smell in the air.  The wind was blowing a perfect breeze and the sun was shining.  We couldn’t have handpicked a more perfect day for hay production.
















Isn't this house just a picture perfect farm house? 

Funny story about this home.  Jimmy and I were going to live in this home when we got married.  We had put down a deposit and everything on it because it was plenty big enough, was two minutes away from his parents and the farm, and 10 minutes away from his work.  Well, our former landlord's father - who owned this home and the land around it - passed away suddenly and left the house to another family.  God worked it all out and we were able to move into our previous home, which we no own as a rental property!  Just when you think your plan has gone awry, God always has your back!   




That was…until we found this little guy right beside of one of our hay fields!









Jimmy started raking in one hayfield and I started in another. 









After we both finished, he switched from the raking tractor to the old trusty Massey, where the baler was attached.  Before we knew it, the hay was baled, multiple round blobs made up the once tall grassy hayfield. 






Then, it was time for Dan-the Man (my father-in-law) and Jimmy to move onto square baling, which just makes it much easier for winter barn feedings.












And while the boys were off doing their thing, here's my beauty.  When it comes to blogging, I'm always the photographer and mostly never being photographed, but here's my girl!


All in a day’s work, we baled around 500 square bales and 100 round bales.  It was a long, long day on the farm, but for me, I LOVE hay season because it’s the time I get to help make progress, see the yummy food production that will fill and grow our cows and their baby calves, and I get to spend the day with praise and worship in my ears while praising my Lord and Savior that I get to live the life I do.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments are sent directly to Talia and feel free to leave your email address where she can return a reply to you.

Have a great day!