Friday, January 24, 2014

Apple Dumplings

Who doesn't love a great apple desert?  

Well if you know me very well, you know that hubby and I's schedules are so crazy - and with him working a weird 11am-9pm shift - it doesn't allow for much time to sit at the table and eat together.  

I love apple....I love desert....and I had this half eaten apple pie that I didn't want to go to waste.  So I created this 'apple dumpling invention recipe.'

I will tell the truth, I did not make this apple pie.  It was purchased for a 4th of July celebration party and bought at Sam's Club.  I highly recommend this pie because it tasted as good as homemade and was $9.99.


Take frozen bread dough balls and allow them to thaw.  After they've thawed, stretch them apart like you would if you were going to make a pepperoni roll.  Add in a spoonful of the apple pie's insides, roll it to the inside and pinch the outside corners.


Then take your dumpling and roll it in a ground cinnamon and sugar mixture.


Bake in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.  
Start watching your dumplings at 12 minutes and add 2 minute increments until you feel they're done to your liking.  

Wala!  Apple dumplings done and ready to be served at a Will family gathering!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments are sent directly to Talia and feel free to leave your email address where she can return a reply to you.

Have a great day!