Thursday, March 6, 2014

Goodwill Goddess: Black & Gold [4 outfits-n-1]

I'm a classic kind of chick.  
I love trends and do participate in most, but I am a stickler for classic staple pieces that either have a little flair, or can be dressed up with accessories.  

Black & gold were a huge staple this fall/winter season and, many times, I found myself looking at items in my closet thinking, "They just need something to complete the look."  After pinning a thrifty leg warmer idea on Pintrest, I headed to our local Goodwill to see what I could find.

It must have been my lucky day because as I was scouring the sweater section, I came across a black and gold sweater that I knew {if the sleeves were cut into leg warmers} would complete those few outfits.  

But…in this project find, I wasn't expecting to also gain a new sweater top that's oh' so cute!


Bag (old-have had for years) / similar, similar, most similar//// Boots - $34.00 from T.J. Maxx / exact, similar, similarsimilar, tall similar - limited sizes, similar (silver metal) /

**The sleeves off of the below sweater, were cut into leg warmers.**
Wear them with the synched wristband at the bottom of your ankle and then allow the fuller part to peak out of your boots.




Sweater (old - Daisy Fuentes for Kohls) // silver similar, similar



**After I cut the sleeves off to make them into leg warmers, I started looking at the sweater, and it was really cute with the sleeves removed!**

Sweater (Goodwill - $3.49) // similar, similar // Belt (came with a dress) // $10 similar, 2 for $14 similar // Skirt (Vintage Goodwill - $3.49) // Many can be found at your local Goodwill or thrift store, similar, shop vintage // Heels (Had for years - $9.99 @ Gabes) // similar - limited sizes, similar - limited sizes,   



Black & Gold Metallic Sweater Dress (Old - Daisy Fuentes for Kohl's) // similar, similar 


Sweater (Goodwill - $3.49) // similarsimilar // Necklace (old - Vintage Kathy Lee for Walmart Chain Belt) // similar, similar // Booties (old) // similar - limited sizes, similar - limited sizes // Vintage Purse ($1.00 yard sale find) // similar, similar, similar, similar - love, love, love! // Skirt (old - had for years from Cache') // similar, similar, similar //
Look at your local Goodwill or thrift store for a standard black pencil skirt.  I'm sure you'll find one!


As always, "You can always look divine on a dime, you just have to know how to shop!  And if you don't, contact me!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments are sent directly to Talia and feel free to leave your email address where she can return a reply to you.

Have a great day!